Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm so strung out on you...



I am a nail polish addict.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.
A problem, you say? I estimate my nail polish collection to be around 400 dollars...please note that out of 35 bottles, only 3 were bought prior to Fall 2007. However, compared to getting a biweekly acrylic fill, I still saved over a hundred dollars.

Up until January 2007, I was a chronic nail-biter. The only time I was not was during my acrylic phase from 2004-2006. Since I was in the UK, I could not afford acrylics. (60 dollars?! Sorry, there's Strongbow to be bought...)

Here are my nail must-haves:

Seche Vite top coat (This may have fueled my addiction far more than anything else...15 minutes and my nails are dry?! Now I can change it daily...*evil grin*)
Solar Oil (I have learned to love the almond scent. Also, combined with Seche Vite, polish dries even faster (10 minutes!!!). I think it works with oils in general; I have yet to try other oils.)
OPI Nail Envy (This is my workhorse base coat. Many people complain about it peeling; maybe I'm a freak but it's been the best base I've ever used.)
Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover (Yes, it's cheap and you can find it at Wal-Mart.)

Here are some of my less favorite products:

Orly Bonder (Quickest tip wear ever. Save 8 dollars and skip it.)
any OPI base/top coat (It chips and peels. Besides, you don't want to wait forever for your polish to dry already.)
Chanel Black Satin (Scrangie, one of my favorite nail blogs, recommended Zoya Raven instead. I own both; not only is it identical, it is 14 dollars cheaper AND applies much easier than the Chanel.)

(note: For those of you who are curious, that is my (sloppy) rendition of Chris Paul's New Orleans Hornets jersey (CP3!!!). The white is Zoya Gaia, the purple Zoya Yasmeen and the teal China Glaze For Audrey.)

3 comments:

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Just found your blog!! Pretty hilarious, love it. I have a blog that is dedicated to nothing but nail polish if you want to check it out.

The Asian Girl said...

Thank you! I would like to start my own nail polish blog if my camera would finally get its act together.

DrNoodles said...

What if they made nail polish that would taste like Strongbow ...