Tuesday, October 14, 2008

q: Love? The fuck is that?

a: Love is life. It's also the biggest paradox ever. It can be the most nourishing thing or the source of deprivation. One thing is definite: Love is powerful, no matter if it's got a negative or positive effect. Do I believe in love? Yes. For myself? That I'm not so sure of.

I don't believe there's a "one and only" soul mate type of thing. I believe that there are several people we can potentially connect with deeply. It's very limited to think of a "one and only", I think if you put yourself out there with an open mind and heart, the possibilities are endless. As for soul mates, I think there are different kinds; not just the romantic kind. I think we're all fortunate to have experienced one in our lives, even if it's just platonic.

Altruistic love to me, is pure love. Unlike romantic love, which can be draining, fleeting and expected to be returned, altruism expects nothing in return.

Speaking of "love", I fucking hate the Keyshia Cole song with the same title. It's whiny and HE'S CHEATING ON YOU!!! Dump him and get over it!

If love came as an energy drink in a can, I'd hand it out to all 6 billion of the world's population.

Pessimistic Asian Girl: ...but it doesn't pay the bills.
Optimistic Asian Girl: No, it does not, but it sure makes everything else better.

No comments: