Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thinking about settling? Don't.

I refuse to settle for less than what I think I am worth. That may be a huge contributing factor to why I've been single for so long.

The last 4 years have been a mix of emotions.
It's been frustrating and irritating, but also full of random blessings...for example, had I not been single, I probably would've never studied abroad in England. Had I not broken up with my last ex, there are several close friends of mine who I would've not gotten to know and I'm so lucky to have them in my life. I never have to answer to anyone about what I'm doing or where I'm going.

I do miss the intimacy and physical aspects. I miss being taken out to dinner and a movie. However, I haven't been celibate the last 4 years. As for dinners and movies, I've had a blast with the random friends I have gone out with for those outings.

Don't settle.
I feel that things will be taken care of in the long run even when there's no end in sight.

2 comments:

DrNoodles said...

Always ask yourself the question when you´re making a choice: do I do it because it´s comfortable or is it something you really want. If it´s just to be comforted, then don´t it because you´ll regret it when the comfort part wears off. On the other hand, if you take the not-comfort path there´s a chance you might learn something new or meet new people. I know what I would do ... =)

The Asian Girl said...

I'm glad you made the right choice...I know I did, and I would do it all the same all over again.